Welcome!
This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Another breakthrough!
I've finally figured out that my worst problem with Tug is Online. It seems like we're restricted, I get direct lined, and we don't have fun. Liberty is just the opposite though. I've also figured out that Tug sometimes goes RBI Online. I bet he's really glad I figured this out lol. So today I went out to play with him (it's been about a week or more) and my goal was for him to not go RBI, and that we wouldn't have any tension. I started by walking around through the woods to get him connected, and once we arrived back to our original spot, he licked his lips. Then we did some driving from zone 3 and he kept stopping and wanting to turn to the barn. So I started to pick a certain spot, like a fence post or a tree, and I drove him there. He went sideways sometimes, but oh well, we were moving forward. Once we got to the spot, we stopped. He licked his lips, and eventually he walked straight, and without stopping. They were short distances, but still it was an improvement. I guess I just taught him what driving from zone 3 meant, I never actually built on it. So now I can. :D Then when I asked him to walk through some logs, he licked his lips while we were walking. I've never seen him lick while he was moving unless it was on the circle! He had a fun time trying to figure out how to get both feet on a very small stump even though I only asked for one foot. :P Then we had a good stick to me with the rope over his back. When I took the halter off, he started to walk towards the barn. When I got him to stop, I asked him to disengage his HQ. He thought about walking off for a split second, but then he moved them while I picked up my stick, and we walked to the barn together. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great session, Brooke!
ReplyDeletePetra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central