Welcome!
This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!
Sunday, November 28, 2010
I've had a few sessions before this one, but I've been working on the self assessment task list, just working on two things at a time and warming up with what we had previously done. Today we had a good stick to me online, but he backed his ears a little when we trotted. We had some really good downward transitions and a backup too. Then we practiced backwards by the tail, but I really need to start asking for a few more steps. We're currently working on sideways without a fence while I keep my feet still, so we did some of that over to a stump. I put him in the roundpen hoping for some UDT, after I asked him to pick his feet up, but he ate acorns so I just let him out. I used carrots today and he seemed more food oriented, which is good because sometimes he's not, and he's just not interested in anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Backing his ears at the trot is one of my horse's favorite expressions ;) We're playing with making it better but still have a long way to go.
ReplyDelete