Welcome!
This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!
Thursday, December 2, 2010
He came to me!!!
Tug came to me in the pasture!!! When I went to bring the horse in, the mares loped up to the barn and Tug was following at a slow trot. I had his halter and a carrot with me, and totally didn't expect him to come to me. He stopped trotting, and he had a lazy look on his face with his ears slanted, but he still came to me! I'm sure he assumed I had the carrot though. I probably shouldn't have put the halter on so soon, and I probably should have just stood there with him for a minute. But I didn't, so we'll see what happens tomorrow. Once I put it on and gave him the carrot, I walked to the gate and he followed. He even stayed with me while I shut it and then he followed me to the barn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's awesome, Brooke! Means you had a great session yesterday :-)
ReplyDeletePetra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central