Pages

Welcome!

This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

All at Liberty!

So I played around with haltering Tug and taking it off, maybe with a carrot too. I just wanted to practice some more catching game. Then once when I haltered him, I started to walk off. He followed me! So I tried my luck and walked to the roundpen. He stayed while I opened it! The past few days we've been doing some follow the rail and he's looked for any chance that the gate would open so he could bust out lol. I didn't have my stick with me, but I asked him to go inside the roundpen and he did! Then I got beside him and started walking backwards and he did it with me! Wow, he's getting good! I was able to draw him to me, and I drove him to a barrel and I asked him to touch it with his foot. Then I asked him to go sideways but he started walking straight by the rail. Then I realized there was stuff in the way and he waited until he passed that and then he turned sideways and started walking! I probably looked really silly acting like I had a stick and rope in my hand, but oh well. He really seems to enjoy Liberty, but I need ideas so keep it interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful play session.
    Very cool!

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete