Welcome!
This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!
Monday, October 11, 2010
Was that an offer?!
Today we practiced some mounting from the stump, but I did't mount him. We just practiced getting into position. Then, I noticed that he was starting to get up on the stump with me! So apparently I'm going to have to find a pedestal big enough for both of us lol. I asked him to circle and walk over poles in the roundpen and he ended up changing directions and ending the game just like I had actually asked him too. Apparently I've developed a pattern with the circling game and he's picked up on it. He seemed very confident in what he was doing, so I took it and ended the game. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great job on your part for recognizing your horse's confidence and stopping on that good note!
ReplyDeletePetra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central