Welcome!
This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
I feel like all we've been doing lately is Liberty, but just the other day we played Online lol. Today I got him in the roundpen and started off with Liberty, which I probably should have started Online first, but it's just something different. His life was up so he trotted in circles. I lookes silly, because I trotted after him. I rarely used my stick. I moved him with my body. Anyways, as I trotted after him, he turned his whole body to me while we went in circles and when he came in, he was ready to rest. :) I got him to put his foot on a pedestal, and then I got him to back through some poles and almost touch the side of the roundpen with his butt. This got a lot of licking and chewing! I even used backwards by the tail. Oh, and while he was circling, he trotted over the poles. (He's learning to watch where he's going.) I lined him up in front of the gate and had planned to back him out, but he moved over so I just had him stand with me with the gate open. Then I walked out and he went a little ways and stopped. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your horse seems to be telling you that you are on the right track with lots of licking and chewing. Great progress!
ReplyDeletePetra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central