Pages

Welcome!

This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Good Attitude!

Today we had a really good session on the traveling friendly game. He used to pick up speed when I tried to do traveling circles, but today I just played the friendly game while we walked around in small circles. It got him used to me moving forward while he maintained gait at the walk. He even gave me a really good downward transition from a trot to a walk and then he blew out. After we did the weave pattern a few times, I got him to trot towards me while I ran backwards. Normally he would back his ears, but since I've really been inforcing "wipe that look off your face," he came at me with two eyes and two ears! Then we had some UDT. He licked salt while I tried to get the remaining winter hair off of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment