Pages

Welcome!

This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Time to Celebrate!

At about this time 1 year ago today, my family and I would probably have been waiting for a storm to pass so that we could go pick Tug up. The 21st made it a year since I saw Tug for the first time. It was a tense time last year because we didn't have Tug's papers yet and we didn't have him home yet. They said he loved riding in his trailer, but when they led him to the door, he hesitated and tried to "not go in." He didn't make a huge issue out of it, but once he was in, he started pawing and neighing while we all talked for a minute and my dad paid for him. He had a safe ride home, but I remember being a little scared of him when I looked in the window of the trailer and saw how empty his light brown eyes were and how big he looked. He's even bigger now because he was skinny when I got him! I initially thought he was LBE because he seemed confident about everything but he wouldn't stand still. He's actually LBI though. For the longest time, he acted like I didn't exist. Things are totally different now, but it's hard to believe I've had him for a year.

I've also noticed that it's harder for me to spend udt with him than it was with Red. I don't know, maybe things were simpler then. I definitely know more now, but I could just stand with Red forever and run my fingers through his mane. Maybe it's because Tug isn't interested in me enough to stand with me. He always has to lick something or do something. That's the LBE side of him. I told Red everything! Maybe that's what Tug and I are missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment