Pages

Welcome!

This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!

Friday, April 29, 2011

A Great Feeling!

Today we started out moseying up the driveway to the road while he nibbled on grass. Then we walked down the road and I caught myself checking his confidence. I was in zone 3 or 4 and he seemed to be confidently walking flat-footed ahead of me looking around. When we got back to the barn, I took him behind it and did the weave pattern for about the fourth time. He seemed to pick right back up from yesterday. He moved more confidently around the balls and I even got a trot or two. When I ended it, I disengaged his HQs and ran backwards. He came a whole lot easier than yesterday, and his ears were trained right on me! It was enough to give me goosebumps! After I let him get a drink, we went to the round pen and we did some leading by the mane. I tied the savvy string to his halter, so I decided to ride him with it too. Lateral flexion was 10 times better too. I’m struggling to find interesting things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment