I actually had two Online sessions today, but we didn’t really do anything in the first one other than the figure 8 pattern. Oh, and after I took the halter off, I played stick to me back to the barn. I did walk to trot twice and then from a walk to a run while he did kind of a head bobbing canter. He’s never cantered in stick to me before, so that was something new. :)
But the real session was only about his legs and feet. We worked on tapping to lift his feet and then squeezing his chestnuts and making a game out of, "I’ll rub your leg if you let me have it." When I tapped his legs, he either went sideways or forwards but finally he just lifted it and kinda slapped the ground. Then I went to his back legs and used the carrot stick and string to get him to go backwards by wrapping the string around both of them. He probably thinks that tapping means slap the ground, but that could come in handy for something else. Oh I almost forgot, he let me halter him from the ground!
I think I've found a place to set up a temporary roundpen that might be a little bigger than the metal one and it will be lower.
No comments:
Post a Comment