Welcome!
This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!
Thursday, March 17, 2011
It's so great to have a good session!
I made eye contact with Tug from the house and by the time I got to the barn, he was walking to the gate. So after the session yesterday where I got a little more precise, and showed a little more leadership, he didn’t hate me. :) We stood at the gate for a minute while he let me rub all over his head. Normally he just keeps checking my hands, and I’m sure he smelled the cookies I had. I brushed him before deciding what I wanted to do, and then we went outside the gate. It went really slow at first and I just let him mosey around and then I started asking him to do stuff like touch it and sideways. Then we went over to the horse trailer where all he wanted to do was sniff. Then we did the pattern of sideways around it. I haven’t had him in it since I got him, so I’m sure he expected me to put him in it. Instead we played the squeeze game between me and the door. He was okay at first and then he got a little tense. Once that got better, we headed to the barn and he still wanted to explore everything while I drove him from zone 4. At least, I hope he knew that I was driving him and not just tagging along behind. The first thing he did when I sat on a barrel, was try to lick me. I wish I knew what it meant. He also kept licking when I left him alone in the barn while I got the shearing comb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment