Welcome!
This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Sideways Towards Me!
Last night after I watched some of the L&HB dvds, I got some new ideas to try with Tug. I actually had a long session planned out that consisted of really concentrating on getting Tug to uphold his responsibility of not changing gate on the circle and then working on one rein driving. It rained last night and the barn wasn't quite dried out, so I decided it really wasn't worth it. We started off with just driving from zone 3 while I tried to go farther back. I got him to go between 2 powerline poles and then took him to a crosstie and got him to go over it. He had 2 front feet over but he wasn't sure if I wanted sideways. When I tapped his back, he took one step sideways towards me! He got a cookie for that offer! Then I went to the right side and drove him to the barn. He kept licking me a lot so after I put the halter up, he followed me out to the salt block.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment