Pages

Welcome!

This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Getting confused!

Tug's been a little reluctant to come to me these last few days. I'm not sure if it's because we've played everyday, or I'm getting too direct lined. It's probably the second one. BUT...I think I'm direct lined because I'm worried about reading him wrong! I worried about whether he's confident or unconfident. What if I'm thinking he's having an RBI moment, but it's really only LBI. I took it slow yesterday because I thought he was having an RBI moment but he clearly said he was ready to speed up by jumping into a canter! LB!

But today I played with him at Liberty without going Online first. I wanted to see if we were ready for a single spin. Well, he got it right off the bat and licked his lips just about everytime he completed a spin! Talk about exciting! He even kinda jumped a single barrel. I had 2 cones standing up on one side of the roundpen, 1 laying down next to them, the barrel, and another cone laying on the other side. That was the first time I've actually seen him jump calmly! So with all this great feedback at Liberty, why do I get so worried Online??? I can read him so much better at Liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment