Welcome!
This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!
Monday, December 27, 2010
The Catching Game - Day 1
I guess I've been doing the catching game wrong. I rented a Parelli dvd called, "The Catching Game" though and I think it's gonna help. So today I attempted what Pat did. I got Tug going around the round pen, pointed my body towards his hip and threw the halter at it. In a few minutes, Tug started to turn to me, but I missed it and threw the halter! I remembered Pat saying that if you threw the halter then, that the horse wouldn't want to try it again, but I was hoping Tug would try. Within a minute or two, he did and I caught it! As soon as I turned away, he followed in behind me. YES! He stuck with me pretty good too! However, when I tried it again, the same thing happened but Tug tried it again. He didn't follow in behind me that time, so I had to go unstick him and he followed. :D That time I put the halter on and we went out for a walk around the house. :) When we came back, I walked him around the roundpen and then I took him over to a barrel and sat down. Normally turns away when I try to rub from between his eyes to his nose, but he didn't today! He let me! I got to rub all over him and he seemed to enjoy it! We stayed at the barrel for a while and when I took his halter off, he still stayed and let me play the friendly game with it. He also started licking me lol. So I'm hoping this is a good sign.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment