I started off by using my energy to back him away, and he REALLY got that! I didn’t ask him to go far, but he went faster than if I just yo yo him back. He hasn’t really gotten the concept of "everytime I squeeze your chestnut, I want you to lift your foot, not just take the wait off." I always reward him for shifting his wait, but after a few times I use the end of the rope to get it off the ground. Today I stood on one side and asked for the opposite front foot. After the second time, he licked his lips so we moved on. Then I just refined asking him to lower his head before I fed everyone.
Yesterday I spent about 15 minutes doing things in between cleaning out one of his feet. He gets too frustrated when I clean them all out at one time unless we've been playing for a while, so I just kept it at one. After that, he seemed a lot more extroverted!
No comments:
Post a Comment