Welcome!
This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Figure 8 at Liberty!?
I wanted to practice our circling today, but a bot fly ran us out of the pasture. :( So I put Tug in the roundpen while I scrapped the eggs off of his legs, and he was not happy about it. Then we did the figure 8 online and that took a while. He kept putting his foot on the same cone everytime he came to it. I just smiled and let him for a little while but eventually he got sneaky about it. He would act like he was going around, put he'd stick his foot out to the side and touch it! :) It seemed like forever, but he finally seemed to do that turn alone. Then I asked him to touch the cone with his foot, and go sideways over it. This whole time he rarely licked his lips. I took the line off and started to move around. I couldn't help myself, and I got him into a figure 8. I really didn't send him, it just sort of happened. This set of cones had a tarp in the middle and he really seemed to like going over it. He even came to me at Liberty when I asked! Then we did sideways over a cone. :) I opened the roundpen gate and when I walked around him to disengage his HQ, he kind of stuck his ears out like, "Ugh!" but I got him turned around to back him out. He even stopped in the gate when I stopped moving my finger! I backed him all the way out of the gate and he stood there until I took his halter off. We even had a perfect lateral flexion at Liberty! :D When I walked away, he left but he didn't head to the barn like, "Whew, I'm glad that's over!" He went to the water trough instead. :) Sometimes I ask for more, and it backfires, but sometimes it works out. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Woo-hoo!!! Sounds like you're having a great time with him! I'm so happy for you because things are starting to get better again. :D
ReplyDelete