Welcome!
This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
It's getting longer!
After our great session yesterday, I decided I would just walk out and halter Tug and not give him a treat. I was 30 feet or more away from him when he started towards me. I kept walking, and when we met up I rubbed him and put the halter on. He kept looking for treats, and I'm not exactly sure how to transition away from them. The only way I've done it before is to go out with them some days, and without them other days. All I talk about now is how he's comming to me, but it's so exciting! The distances are getting longer. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! That's so awesome. If you ever find out how to transition away from treats, let me know! :D Pistol still looks for them EVERY time! He gets to the point of "look, I put my hoof here, treat? No? Fine, nose here, treat? No? FINE, hoof here, TREAT?" and he makes me feel bad for not giving him one.
ReplyDelete