This is from Saturday.
I started with Sugar first, but I'm not sure why. I hardly ever play with her. She has some dominance issues, and some unconfident issues but that's a different story. When I took the halter off, she followed me all over the place! Then I questioned my relationship with Tug. How could I have a horse I rarely play with following me like a dog? I was really worried about it and hurried up and started the session with Tug. I started things off the same way that I did with Sugar by asking him to weave in front of me while I walked backwards. He backed his ears and I corrected him, hoping that I got it right. I had a 50/50 chance, and I did get it right. He didn't have a problem after that. We did some "touch it" but he was kinda slow. He seemed more interested in it though after the 3rd time. I asked for a figure 8 and he did one good one so I stopped it. Then we went to the lot that has the roundbale in it. He charged through the gate, so I spent a minute playing the squeeze game on the inside of the gate since Sugar and Dot were on the other side so that I couldn't leave the gate open. Then I took him to the middle and started the circling game. I was trying to work on my energy and it really seemed to help with the transitions. I asked for a canter (I think I've only asked him to do this once before, but it really wasn't to work on cantering) and he went few steps before hopping and turning to face me. He had a good look on his face, so I ended it. I didn't want to push it. He also had a problem changing directions and circling to the right. Once he was going to right, he did a good change of direction. I was very close to asking for another, but I decided to be "satisfied" and I ended it. We went to the barn and I let him eat some hay. He had given me some great looks during this session too, and I wanted to keep it that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment