When I rode Red, I never felt completely safe. He didn't buck, he didn't run of with me, I only loped on him for one step, and I never fell off of him. But, on trails, he wouldn't stand still if I asked him to stop. If we got too far behind, I couldn't hold him back, and sometimes he crow hopped coming out of the woods. Well, at least I think that's what it was, I really couldn't tell. Going up the pasture, back towards the barn, if he wasn't in the lead, I couldn't hold him back. I was scared of fallin off. :( I want to be able to ride Tug anywhere, lope on him, and feel completely safe! I want to be able to ride him bareback and bridleless! I really didn't go through the level 1 freestyle lessons like I should have, but with Tug, I want to do everything right! I would love to take him to Florida, and do something Parelli. I want our relationship to be so amazing that he chooses me over the herd! My dream with my horse really isn't anything big, but it's exciting to me!
Today we had a very short play session, it was starting to rain and we were stuck in the barn. I started out by leading by the front leg because that really engages his mind, and I just asked him to touch the umbrella that I had opened and put at one end of the barn. Then I put out small piles of hay for the mares and sat in the feedroom while Tug ate his
Welcome!
This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment