Pages

Welcome!

This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Catching up on the blog challenge...

Day 8 - What is your horsenality, what is your partners horsenality and how do you make them work together?
I think I'm a RBI but with the horses, and I'm pretty LBI/LBE. Tug is LBI and sometimes LBE. I'm not really sure how they work together because sometimes when he's LBI I'm LBE lol. Most of the time though I can take it slow and we become less introverted together.

Day 9 - A moment you have had with your partner that would not have been possible without PNH?
This one could easily got to Red because we used to play at Liberty in the woods and he'd run after me all through them. He'd even try to find me when I hid behind something. But the most recent one I can think of with Tug was when it snowed a few weeks ago. Tug followed me to the roundpen at Liberty and we played around in there just having fun. :D

Day 10 - Post your favorite picture of you and your partner and write about it

This was when I had my senior pictures taken, and Tug was being really cuddly. He couldn't keep his head off of me.

Day 11 - Pat and Linda don't where a helmet….do you? Why or Why Not?
I don't wear one, but I guess it's just because I didn't have too when I rode my pony.

Day 12 - Your favorite horsanility to play with and why?
My favorite would have to be LBE. I love how energetic they are and how easily they are to move. Riding would be a different story though. ;)

Day 13 - Post a video (could be an audition) of you playing with your horse?
I don't have a video of us playing, but I should do that.

Day 14 - What PNH tools, clothing, tack etc. do you own?
I have the horseman's halter, savvy stick and string, 22 ft rope, and a red Parelli hoodie.

Day 15 - How is PNH perceived where you live, board or ride at?
When most people find out that I do Parelli, they really don't say anything negative about it, but you can tell that they don't agree with it. That's if they know what Parelli is.

Day 16 - What is the most challenging horsenality for you to work with?
I think that RBEs are the most challenging for me to work with. They're so reactive, and spook at every little thing.

Day 17 - What is your favorite game?
The yo yo game has to be my favorite. I'm just now understanding how to drive and draw with my energy. I also think it's amazing when you can play it at Liberty.

Day 18 - A time you have seen Pat & Linda live. If you have not seem them live would you like to, what do you think it would be like?
The only time I've seen them was in March of 2008. They put on a great show even though I didn't understand everything. They demonstrated what a great relationship with your horse should look like, and I'd definitely go see them again.

Day 19 - A time you were able to help a "normal" horse or horseman using PNH.
I would have offered some PNH advice to a man trying to pull a horse into a trailer, but we just offered them a rope to put behind the horse and helped "push from behind." He didn't look like he would have appreciated the advice.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the picture, Brooke!

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete