Pages

Welcome!

This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Liberty in the snow!

I was going to add this to my last post, but it was just too important! The snow was still on the ground today, but the sun was out it was melting. :( I went out to give the horses a treat and some hay, but Tug didn't come up right away. He was standing out in the sun so I went to him. Actually, I walked over to the pedestal and he came over. I was hoping he'd just hop on, but he could smell the treat and that's all he was thinking about. I didn't have anything with me, so I just moved my hands around like I would have the stick and the rope. He finally saw me and got on, so I gave him the treat and took a picture! Then I walked to the roundpen. He followed at a distance but when I opened the gate, he walked right in! I couldn't believe it since things didn't go great the last time even though I thought I handled it pretty well. There was nothing for him to do, just unmarked snow to play in! I started walking around, he followed a little and then just stopped and looked at me! Got a picture of that too! ;) He even came to me when I called! He trotted around the rail with me and we stopped by the cones. I've asked for sideways before with nothing in my hands, but he was confused this time. He finally got it and we left the roundpen. He ran to the barn, but he was asking questions the whole time we were in the roundpen and he didn't seem unconfident, so I'm not sure why he did that. :( Anyways, I thought it was pretty cool!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, indeed. I'm looking forward to your answers to the 30 day blog challenge!

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete