So now it's 2011! I'll graduate highschool in a few months! My horsemanship resolution would have to be to just keep progressing through the levels. I'll get more serious about the patterns and I plan to start Freestyle riding with Tug in the spring. I've only really touched on a few things, but maybe after waiting this long, my leadership will be better and our relationship will be stronger.
Speaking of relationships, I walked behind the barn to just stand with Tug since all the horses were standing out there, butts to the wind, half way sleeping. When Tug saw me, he followed me with his eyes as I zig zagged towards him. Normally he looks away, but today he kept turning his head to follow me. When I got within 15 feet of him, I though I saw him nicker so I stopped. He started walking to me, and then I heard him nicker! The one time I didn't have a treat! He kept looking for one, but eventually he stopped and just stood with me. Tiny and Tom Tom - two of my cats - were out there and he got curious when they rubbed on his legs. He's gentle though and seemed more interested in their tails. Tom Tom's pretty quick to slap when they blow on her, so when they faced him, he brought his head up. I'm not sure if she's slapped him yet though, I know she did it to Red. Maybe just looking a cat in the eyes was too much for Tug lol. I was standing right in front of him and he let me stroke the front of his face! Normally he turns away unless we've been playing for a while, and then he lets me, so that was great today! The next thing I know, he's dozing off! :D
It's so crazy how I had that bad day with him, and the next two days he's fine!
No comments:
Post a Comment