Pages

Welcome!

This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Never Satisfied

This is from Friday.
Obviously it's been a while since I've played with Tug, so I haven't blogged about anything. Well, yesterday I wanted to have a small session before I fed him, but it didn't go so well. It started out ok, but he went to the barn before we got in the roundpen when I had the rope over his back. When we did get in the roundpen, I tried to get him to stop at a cone. He kinda got it, but kinda not. He resorted to getting on the pedestal because he was confused. When I opened the gate, he had the rope under one of his legs and I had the end of it. As he went through, he didn't show any intention of stopping so I tried to "make a big deal" about it and I tried to disengage his HQ. This caused him to pull the rope from my hands and trot to the barn. I'd done it again. I was being direct line because I wasn't satistfied with something. It wasn't a big deal to him, but it was to me. I couldn't even look at him when I got in the barn. I tossed the last cookie to Sugar and within 2 minutes he had come up behind me. This made it worse for me because he really didn't see anything wrong. I took his halter off and slapped the rope on the wall to get the dust off and my frustration came out. He whirled around on the second hit and went back to where he was before. I've never actually felt like giving up, I'm too crazy about PNH now anyways. But when I locked the tack room door, that's what it felt like. I look at the things that we need to accomplish, and I start thinking of how I can work on several in a session! WHY!? He's in charge of the time line.

No comments:

Post a Comment