Welcome!
This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!
Monday, February 14, 2011
Before I fed today, I practiced lateral flexion with Tug and his tail like Pat shows in the Natural Horse-Man-Ship book. Just after 2 sessions with it, it seems easier. Still having trouble reading him. He still isn't confident with me in his right eye. I've also noticed that he's backing his ears a lot more. Lots to think on...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'll be curious to read about your observations on the backed ears. My horse does the same thing and I have a hard time reading them. They are not pinned and don't seem angry/dominant although sometimes they do, but I always struggle with what he is trying to tell me.
ReplyDeleteEars back could very much mean that your horse is unconfident, thinking or even listening to you. Look for the rest of his body such as his eyes (soft, hard, staring, blinking), the nose/mouth area... Is there any tension in his body? Is he breathing softly and relaxed or is he holding his breath? Is he licking, chewing.. Does he have wrinkles around his nose?
ReplyDeleteLooking at the rest of his body will give you a better picture.... HOpe that helps!
Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
ParelliCentral