Pages

Welcome!

This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 23 - SADDLING: do you use the PNH saddle and/or theraflex pad if not what do you ride in and what does your horse think of it?

I don't ride in the PNH saddle and pad, but I would if I could afford it. I'm really not sure what kind of saddle I have, but it's one that my dad has had for a long time. My mom rode Bo in it, I got it when I got Red, and now Tug has it. He doesn't seem to mind it, but I haven't been able to shim in properly yet. I use just a regular saddle pad. Red had high withers so he had to a special one for that, but Tug doesn't. :D

When I went to the barn today, I heard him nicker when I opened the gate after I called. He was in the barn and the mares were right behind me wanting a treat. I had to keep pushing them back, but it took him about a minute to come to me. The he started looking for treats and did his little head turn to ask for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment