Pages

Welcome!

This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Playing in the snow!

When I went out with halter, it took Tug a minute to come to me, but he didn't stop once he got going. I put the halter on him, laid the rope over my arm so that I could keep my hands warm, and headed to the pasture. I expected to feel a drag on the rope, but to my surprise, there wasn't one! He followed right behind me. I really should stop expecting. The snow had only just started to melt today, so the pasture was still covered. We started off by just walking down it, and I took pictures along the way. He seemed kinda worried sometimes. Maybe it was the snow, I don't know. When we got near the gate, I asked him to disengage his HQs. When he finally noticed my phase one, he hurried and moved them over, so that told me that he was distracted. Then I asked him to circle. He didn't really pull, but he seemed a little distant. When he stopped, I sent him the other way and he seemed ready to argue. He backed his ears and kinda lifted his front feet. I don't know if it was because he expected me to correct his attitude, or what, but when I simply kept asking him to go in the direction I wanted, he didn't do it again. I really wasn't looking for much though, I just wanted to play in the snow. He was reluctant to trot the second time I asked, and I didn't have my stick, but it worked out. Then we went to the roundpen where he ate a small pile of hay. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment