Pages

Welcome!

This blog shows my ups and downs of my journey through Parelli Natural Horsemanship. I love studying Parelli and believe that it truly is way more than riding, all about the relationship, and it's the ultimate way to train your horse. It gives me a way to be with my horse naturally and to understand his language. I try to blog about every session I have with my horse so that I can learn from them, and I hope you enjoy it!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

What a day!

Yesterday Tug didn't seem to interested in the applesauce. Today when I went out there, he couldn't keep the syringe out of his mouth. That just goes to show that they think things over. The second time I went out there, I was able to bring his nose around from his right side and put the syringe in the side of his mouth. He was almost able to touch his hip! The things he'll do for applesauce. I also put the heat patch on his back. It seemed a little better today.

Sugar has a HUGE issue with syringes going in her mouth or even people holding her mouth in the way you have to to put a syringe in. So today I took an old carrot stick that didn't have the rubber end on it and put applesauce on it dipped in sugar. She actually put it in her mouth. That was a huge breakthrough for her!

My dad caught his tractor on fire by raking leaves off the pasture using the box blade. Happy Birthday to mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment